This would have to be one of the easiest and most yummy chocolate recipes around...if i do say so myself!
I got it from my favourite food blogger Chocolatesuze! I love her blog, she gets to go on amazing food adventures and dishes out some great recipes too! Check it out, she also has beautiful pictures from her wedding and the fun she had messing up her wedding dress!
I decided to make this cake for my boyfriends brother's (Brett) Birthday ( there was alot of b's in that sorry) and i was so happy with the result!
I added a little of my own touches by putting crushed boost on top and i also made a few little cupcakes with the left overs as a treat for myself!
You can put anything you like on top but i highly recommend the chocolate ganache then a little something something.
I have done these with marshmallows on top too....30 secs in the microwave...aaahhh melt in mouth moment!!!
150 g Butter
220 g Brown Sugar
100 g Milk Chocolate
50 g cocoa powder
160 mls milk
3 large eggs (room temp)
1 cup +2 tablespoons Plain Flour
11/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcious. Grease and flour (with cocoa) cake tin(i use a 6 inch tin and then some left over for cupcakes).
2. On the stove top in a large pot melt the butter, once melted add the chocolate, brown sugar, cocoa powder and milk. Remove from heat and whisk till all combinde. Cool for 5 mins.
3. Add the eggs and mix till combined.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into mixture and gently stir till mixed together!
5. Pop the batter into the cake tin and bake for 45-55 mins* or until a skewer comes out clean.
Tip* if making into cupcakes bake for around 25 mins, do the skewer test to be sure there done!
Best Chocolate Ganache in the world all in one step
300 mls Cream
300 g Milk Chocolate (chopped)
100 g White Chocolate (chopped)
1. Bring the cream to boil, remove from the heat and add the chocolate whisk till combinded. Leave the chocolate to set a little so it is spreadable.
*Make sure you follow the last step of leaving it to set a little or you won't get far with out it running everywhere!
I you wanted you could put this ganache over ice cream...mmm chocolate and ice cream....mmmmm!!!!